Wednesday, December 19, 2012

November 6, 2012

Today's Truth and Beauty: Abundance is the promise of the ability to give. En♥, -me!


I once heard someone say, "I give out of my abundance," and that got me to thinking about the biblical imagery in Psalms 23:5 of the cup that runneth over. When water is continuously poured into a cup that is already filled to capacity, the cup can (1) allow someone to drink from its abundance, (2) allow its abundance to be poured into another cup, or (3) allow its abundance to spill over onto another surface. Either alternative grants that the abundance is regifted, whether intentionally or not. Similarly, we can compare our own physical and metaphysical abundance to that of the cup. The truth and beauty is in knowing that we are continually filled from an infinite source; and, though we may be able to receive it, by design, we certainly don't have the room to contain ALL that we receive. There is definite assurance in our resources, so we can follow that compulsion to give and share with peace of mind.

From My Cocoon, 12/13/12, 2:13:24 PM
Today’s Truth and BeautyTM

No comments:

Post a Comment